Are you a seasoned designer with a strategic mindset and excellent communication and facilitation skills?
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a like-minded Service Designer with the experience, passion and Jedi skills to help us rid the world of crappy design – one project at a time.
Would you like to...?
- Lead the service design stages of a project, translating research insights into memorable user experiences
- Map user journeys and help companies define their processes to enable new service experiences
- Conceptualize and define the methodology to solve a client’s challenges
- Lead projects on a day-to-day basis, managing project teams, priorities, resources and timing
- Prepare, coordinate, and participate in research tasks such as interviews with users or discussion groups
- Coordinate international projects across several countries
- Help spread the word about our work and values, and inspire the design community in New York
We would like you to be...
- A skilled service designer with 6+ years of professional experience and a master graduate in a design field or relevant education
- A strong team player who believes that we’re better together, able to deal with complex projects and guide more junior designers
- A good communicator and a solid client partner, able to listen, advise and build strong relationships with our clients
- Hands-on when it’s needed! Proficient in sketching, visualizing, prototyping and other service design techniques like value proposition, journey mapping, service specification, blueprinting, testing, etc.
- Ready to share your know-how and ideas, both internally and beyond Designit
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive – and the guts – to bring them to life
- Fluent in English – other languages are a bonus!
Would you like to join...?
- An office in a fantastic location in DUMBO with one of the best views of the city
- Lunch a few times a week from local eateries
- An inspiring, social, collaborative and playful work environment, with an open-minded and diverse culture
- Annual, cross-office inspiration trip, and local inspiration sessions all year round
Go right ahead and click the “Apply now” button down below. Please apply in English, and remember to tell us why you're the right one to join our team.
We're itching to see your previous work, so remember to include your portfolio (PDF or web).
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, you can get in touch with our Recruiter, Darren Bagnall, [email protected]
But just a heads up, we can't process applications sent by email, so when you're ready to apply please use the Apply Now link above. Thanks! And if you've read all this way through, please include a spaceship emoji in your application to let us know. We like you already.